TS-2 Millennium Professional Flat Iron Review
The TS2™ Millennium Professional Flat Iron is one of the most popular brands of hair flattening irons currently in the market. It is one of the more affordable mid-range performance straighteners. By the term "mid range", one may be actually tricked into thinking that the Millennium Professional straightener is just your average, "run-of-the mill" straightener. Make no mistake though, the TS2 Millennium Flat Iron is a formidably serious hair styling contender and packs a load of premium features and benefits. A huge number of its buyers have gone on to attest to its extreme value for money as well as expressed little regret if any, over its purchase. However, be that as it may, it is always wise for you not to take their word for it and instead find out for yourself and there's nothing that can address this more adequately than this review. So, let's peer beyond all the hype and see what's what
Features that make the TS 2 Millennium Really Stand Out
1 inch wide Titanium Plates Equipped with Nano Reflect Technology
The Titanium plates present a "triple threat" if you will, in terms of benefits. They are conveniently lightweight whilst being superb in terms of heat conductivity. Maximum temperatures of 450 degrees Fahrenheit are achieved in virtually under 30 seconds which means you can begin styling your hair as soon as you have turned on the straightener . In addition, the Titanium plates are also conveniently corrosion resistant and hence can work on even the most chemically conditioned hair without you having to worry about any chemical decay showing up on the plates
Heat distribution is flawless on the Titanium plates. Due to this, stubborn cold spots or hot spots that have become synonymous with conventional straighteners are non-existent in this one. The Nano Reflect Technology is the key behind the production of negative ions by the Titanium plates. Negative ions work to moisturize and seal up the hair cuticles resulting in hair that has got a more healthier and shinier look. Annoying frizzies and static are also eliminated, all thanks to this technology.
Any critical information such as current plate or heater temperature is innovatively displayed within an LCD screen which eliminates the need of having to strenuously glance over the thermostat each and every time.
Stylish and Innovative Ergonomic design
The TS2 Millennium flat iron boasts of a unique contoured design that facilitates easy of control or handling. Thanks to this design element as well, you will pleased to find out that tough-to-reach-out areas such as the scalp or the nape of the neck, can now be easily accessed without having to worry about skin burns thus allowing for greater flexibility in terms of styling options. In addition to pulling off straight looks, curling and adding body to the hair has never been this easy.
A state-of-the-art Programmable Temperature Control/Thermostat for Absolute Precision
A built in microprocessor allows for real time temperature readings and adjustments. The dedicated chip also enables very minute temperature changes to be made rather accurately. The thermostat is programmable (meaning adjustable) to a wide temperature scale ranging from the minimum temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit to the already mentioned maximum of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes the Millennium Professional Straightener ideal for styling nearly all types of hair.
- Maximum Temperature setting: 450 degrees F
- Minimum Temperature setting : 140 degrees F
- Cord Length: 9 ft
- Type of Cord: Swivel Cord
- Heating Technology: Digital Ionic Plus Infrared
- Plate Size: 1 inch
- Limited 3 Year Warranty
- Voltage: 120V
- Materials Silicone and Ceramic
- Weight on shipping: 1.1 pounds
- Dimensions of the Product: 11" x 2" x 2" (inches)
- This heater heats up very fast all thanks to the ceramic heaters that power it. The heaters provide instant heat recovery as well.
- The ergonomic design is really much welcomed as it makes difficult to reach areas such as the scalp and the nape of the neck more accessible while all the while not running the risk of any skin burns.
- Low weight makes this straightener very portable and incredibly easy to use not to mention, eliminating wrist strain.
- The 9 ft cable is amply lengthy which allows for more unrestricted movement. The cable is also tangle free as well.
- The digital temperature reader (LCD screen) is quite easy to read as the numbers are displayed in a large font.
- Limited warranty of an ample 3 years.
- Easily styles all hair types.
- No beeper or any sort of alert mechanism is present to indicate when the device has attained a particular temperature. Instead, only an LED light blinks to indicate the heating up process.
- For the novice user, the straightener may end up being a little frustrating to use especially since it gains temperature very rapidly. If you have very delicate hair and end up not being observant, you might end accidentally burning a portion of your hair. It is thus advised to begin styling from the lowest temperature as you slowly work your way upwards.
The TS Millennium Professional flat Iron is arguably one of the best all rounders out there. It is significantly less expensive than some of its other counterparts but nonetheless doesn't compromise on its functionality, user friendliness and durability. You will find so many reasons to pick it up and negligibly few not to do so.
Want to read more flat iron reviews? Then, read our best hair straightener reviews here.