Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic 1 Inch Styling Iron Review
The Revolution Tourmaline Ionic styling Iron from Sedu™ is an exceptionally handy hair straightener that possesses ample features and benefits. Sedu™ is a beauty brand that is renowned the world over for its unrivaled, premium quality, hair styling tools and accessories and if this is anything to go by, the Revolution Tourmaline Ionic styling iron is no exception. It's a well rounded kind of straightener and scores quite handsomely in terms of functionality, ergonomics and looks. Be that as it may, since we are just about to wholesomely review this product, we'd be wrong to assume that there aren't any blemishes in its brilliance albeit minor at the most. So if you've been enthusiastic about checking this straightener out, just take a minute or two of your time to join us as we delve deep at its highs and almost negligible lows.
What are some of the major features of the Revolution Tourmaline?
1 Inch Ceramic Plates for an Uber Smooth Pass
The ceramic plates are highly polished to create an ultra smooth surface that manages to seal your hair follicles with immediate effect thus guaranteeing a far much more superior straightening and shining experience. In addition, the ceramic plates have got excellent heat conductivity and they actually take a little less than 25 seconds to heat up and as result, eliminating disappointing heating lag times. Even heat distribution is another added plus of the ceramic plates and as a result you don't have to worry about hair damaging hot spots or cold spots alike.
Black Tourmaline Gemstone Coating that Effortlessly reduces Static and Frizz
The tourmaline infused coating on the plates optimizes the ionic potential of the plates thereby eliminating annoying statics and frizz. The coating has also got a critical role to play when it comes to facilitating even heat distribution.
Styling Versatility is taken care of by the Inclusion of a Beveled plate design
The Revolution Tourmaline Ionic iron features a one a kind exterior design. The floating styled plates and curved edged design allow for much welcomed flexibility in as far as styling is concerned. Whether you opt for an ordinary straightened look or an edgier curly or wavy look, the external plate design is optimized for an easy styling experience regardless of style intended.
Incredibly Useful Multilevel Temperature Controller/Thermostat
The thermostat has got multiple temperature settings that are surprisingly user friendly. Each setting corresponds to a particular hair type that you may possess; ranging from curly to thick to fine to colored or at the very worst damaged hair. This ensures that the Revolution Tourmaline Ionic iron is compatible with just about any type of hair. The thermostat settings are accurately calibrated and easily adjustable and you can effortlessly sway the temperatures from a mildly low of 140 degrees Fahrenheit to a formidably scorching maximum of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Huge Amounts of Negative Ions infused at the Platest
A high concentration of negative ions can be found infused within the plates. The negative ions are mainly associated with the breakdown of water molecules. The water molecules are broken down to the extent of easily managing to penetrate the hair shafts and by so doing, restoring the moisture required to keep your hair supple and strong.
- Maximum Temperature setting: 450 degrees F
- Minimum Temperature setting : 140 degrees F
- Type of Cord: Swivel Cord
- Digital Ionic plus Infrared heating technologies
- Plate Size: 1 inches
- Limited 2 Year Warranty
- Voltage: 120V
- Materials employed: Tourmaline and Ceramic.
- Item Weight: 1 Pound
- Weight on shipping: 3.6 pounds
- Ceramic heaters gain heat almost instantaneously whilst also offering immediate recovery.
- Thermostat is genuinely user friendly.
- A revolutionary freestyle guiding system in form of anti-slip edges ensures that all hairs within plates are captured.
- Highly portable and easy to use due to its low weight.
- Swivel cable is tangle free and quite lengthy for easy management.
- The straightener is one of the fastest straighteners out there heating up impressively in under 25 seconds and provides instantaneous recovery.
- Limited 2 year warranty.
- Straightens all hair types.
- The only downside to this otherwise magnificent product is its lack of a universal power cord supply which means you can only use it in countries that adhere exclusively to the 120V power outlet standard
The Bottom Line
The Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Straightening Iron from Sedu™, clearly outperforms its competition in as far as functionality, aesthetics and ergonomics are concerned and is one of the most preferred straighteners by many professional stylists. You will absolutely be getting your money's worth with this purchase.
Want to read more flat iron reviews? Then, read our best hair straightener reviews here.