The Best Hair Straightener Reviews, Done for You!
Your best hair straightener is one of your closest friends who looks after your hair to make you feel uber, charming and beautiful. And why not since she is the one who gives you that lovable, silky straight look which makes you feel confident and make you smile and grin every time you look at yourself in the mirror. Plus the smiley compliments you get for your glowing straight hairs. You can skip this and go to my table of contents right below to read our hair straightener reviews.
But, the important point here, I personally feel is that how do you get that closest friend. There are so many who pretend to be your closest friend but you know pretty well it is very difficult to find the right one who is the right one for you. I believe that's also true with finding the right flat iron. And then I started my search to figure out a way to find the right one for me, and then I realized that if finding out the closest friend was so easy then everyone would be happy. So, I devised a strategy to find out that special one using a simple comparison chart with the features that matters to me like the qualities in a friend that matters to me.
Who Am I?
Hello, my name is Jennifer, and as an experienced hair stylist friend, I am here to help you select the right flat iron for your hair. I have been a professional hairstylist for 10 years now and I can feel your pain when it comes to selecting the right one for you. I have been through it and you won't believe I still do.
Why Should You Believe Me?
The technology behind hair flat iron is rapidly changing, and it is definitely for the better. With the emergence of tourmaline, and the refinement of ceramic and titanium plates, you now have more control than ever over exactly what you are doing to your luscious locks. Gone are the days of harsh heat and sticky plates that get caught on your hair. It’s time to take charge. And I come to help you here with my professional experience.
How Do I Rate and Review the Flat Irons?
Choosing the right flat iron is tricky. While first and foremost is choosing the right material and heat setting for your hair type, it is also important to consider the quality of the brand and even the warranty. While there are many brands out there, brands such as BaByliss and Paul Mitchell are true, tried and tested. They offer great warranties and support, as well as high-quality products that do exactly what they say they will. Do not just take my word for it, as the flat irons I suggest have also received fantastic customer reviews and satisfaction, from real people like you and me.
Not all flat irons were created equal, and I am here to help you decide which one is the great choice for your hair.
Shockingly Easy Guide to Select the Best Flat Iron for hair
It's quite easy to say that there is no one-size fits all flat irons. In fact, choosing between the hundreds of different kinds of flat irons really can be a full time job unfortunately. Luckily, I’ve had a million and one (just kidding, definitely not millions but thousands) hair straightening experiences - good, and not so good - so hopefully with this advice, you can find the right choice for you once and for all.
Of course, when choosing your soulmate, I mean, flat iron, the most important thing is to consider your hair type. No locks are the same, and luckily there is a flat iron for every hair type under the sun. Different kinds of hair require different temperatures and plate materials to put your strands on their greatest behavior. The plate materials you should be looking for are:
It is a great material because of its versatility, and its relative cheapness. It is great for fine hair, as it uses a gentler heat to straighten, causing less damage to the strands.
It is durable, heats up quickly and stays hot for longer duration. It is also preferred for its ability to keep hair healthy and shiny.
This material is praised for its straightening efficiency. Because of its ability to reach high temperatures, they are perfect for hard-to-straighten hair. These materials heat the most evenly and offer a shinier and healthier result
Essentially, when we are looking at choosing the right flat iron, we are focusing on three different things: Hair Type (including texture and length), temperatures, and plate materials. I have already shared the list of my closest friends with you on two quality areas, plate type and temperature. But, the one which is really I am looking forward is the highest quality parameter and that is your hair type and it's very important that you get the highest quality from my bouquet of friends. Here goes the list, pick the right one.
Thick and Curly Hair:
It is beautiful, but it can be tricky to tame, especially as it can be easily tangled. If this is the case, it’s time to bring in the professionals. You need high temperatures and advanced technology in order to get that luxurious flat hair without the damage that a cheap flat iron can cause. To put it simply, you need this thing to be hot. In order to achieve these kind of temperatures, a Titanium flat iron is bestest choice, as the material can provide a higher intensity heat than ceramic. Generally, this kind of job requires temperatures between 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Normal, Slightly Wavy, Medium Thickness Hair:
If you fall into this category of solidly in the middle, in terms of thickness, oiliness, dryness and waviness. While it may sound average, your hair generally has the extraordinary ability to look good natural, but it has the added benefit of easy styling. However, this does not mean that any flat iron will do. For those days you need it straight, choose a middle-range heat. For normal thickness and textured hair, the heat range should be somewhere between 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit. The plate depends on your hair - if it leans slightly to the thinner side, a ceramic plate would be the right one to avoid breakage. Tourmaline and Titanium also work, so you have a range of options.
Thin, Fine or Naturally Straight Hair:
If you have this kind of hair, then this can be a major plus, but it can also mean that your hair is more prone to breakage and frizzing. Choosing the right flat iron is vital, if you want to keep your hair happy and healthy. The temperature here is absolutely key, as anything too high heat will cause dry ends and damaged hair. The range should be between 250-300 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is important to have something adjustable so that if you start to notice any damage, you can adjust the setting as your iron could be on too high of a heat setting. For this, ceramic irons are great because they offer a gentler heat.
Hair Size also matters
As a note, size also matters. Short hair requires a narrower plate, between half-an-inch to one-inch thickness. Longer hair should use plates between one-and-a-half to two-inches wide, to ensure you are not flat ironing your hair until tomorrow afternoon.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~Kahlil Gibran
Find the Top Rated Flat Irons Brand, here!
Not all of us are born with smooth and silky straight locks to make men swoon and girl friends jealous. If you're looking to straighten your hair, there are so many flat iron choices in the market that it can be really overwhelming. Flat irons do not usually come cheap and you have to know pretty well that the one you're about to buy will make your hair look red carpet-ready or like you're wearing a wig made out of hay? Be on the lookout for flat irons made by the companies below, since they are some of the high quality ones out there.
- GHD flat irons are thinner by design, so these ceramic tools can give you not only straight hair, but silky smooth curls and waves as well. Ghd specializes in designing products that protect hair from heat damage while straightening. Their flat irons are an ideal choice for those with color-treated or previously damaged hair.
- Sedu flat irons are greatly suited for women with thick and frizzy hair. The ceramic plates in Sedu flat irons are infused with tourmaline to eliminate static. The polished plates help to make coarse textured hair look extra shiny.
- ISA flat irons are of salon quality tools. These irons offer multiple heat setting options and have digital display to show heat temperature. ISA produces flat irons with tourmaline ceramic plates. If you have long or thick hair that takes a while to style, ISA flat irons are a great choice.
- BaByliss has probably the greatest variety of flat irons out of any company that made the list. Aswell as making irons with different types of ceramic plates they have a large selection of tools made with titanium plates, which are more resistant to corrosion over time. People with the coarsest hair textures love these models because they can straighten a section of hair with just one pass of the tool.
- TS-2 flat irons are more useful for women who have thick hair of all textures. Many TS-2 flat irons are designed with spring loaded plates, ensuring that all hair is heated evenly. TS-2 makes ionic flat irons,guaranteeing that your hair will be soft and glossy. If your hair is currently making you look like Cousin Itt from the Addams family yet you'd rather look like Lady Godiva, a TS-2 flat iron will save you so much time getting there.
- Remington flat irons are perfect for you if you are on budget. This company makes several flat irons that are great under $50. They produce flat irons with ceramic, tourmaline and titanium plates. If you are looking for a flat iron with ceramic plate then this is the right option for you in budget.
- FHI flat irons have plates made of layered ceramic and tourmaline. This unique layering process ensures that the heat is evenly distributed through your hair, while smoothing it out like ionic flat irons do.FHI has flat irons for professionals, home, travel, and styling wands for flips, waves, and curls.
- HSI Professional flat irons will make sure that you have a reliable, salon quality tool wherever you go. They make specific flat irons intended for travel, and others that operate with worldwide dual voltage. These flat irons are ionic and have a special infrared technology to penetrate the hair and make your styling process effortless.
- CHI flat irons are great for you, if mornings are a struggle for you (that includes me, just kidding). This company designs irons that heat quickly, and many of them have extra long swivel cords. With a 10 foot swivel cord, you can have coffee and breakfast comfortably while you straighten your hair. While CHI flat irons are ionic and don't lose heat, some have fixed temperature setting that doesn't get as hot as some other flat irons. These specific CHI irons are fabulous for people with thinner hair.
- HerStyler flat irons are specifically designed to dramatically cut down on styling time for people of all hair types. HerStyler flat irons are made with 100% ceramic plates that work with the negative ions in your hair to speed up straightening. The flat irons also have an ultra fast heating time when you first turn them on. HerStyler flat irons are budget friendly and lot of flat irons are priced well under $100.
- NuMe flat irons are some of the highest rated around. NuMe makes the flat iron plates of ceramic and tourmaline. They also have large infrared strip feature to release negative ions for better straightening results. NuMe also specializes in producing high quality curling wands and styling products.
- Royale flat irons have infrared technology that helps to seal the hair cuticle. What Really makes Royale products so outstanding is the way they can be used for lengthy styling sessions. Royale flat irons even come with lifetime warranty. If you are someone who straightens her hair pretty much every day, Royale flat irons are just right for you. Their tools will minimize heat damage and are of great value for money.
- CROC is the right brand for you , if you're looking for great quality flat iron with lot of frill. These flat irons have infrared, hair cuticle sealing features, and also the feature to internally regulate temperature. These flat irons are hairstylist favorite, especially when being used for Keratin treatments. The advanced ionic technologies of CROC flat irons make them the perfect choice for people living in humid climates
I am totally with you and I know how frustrating it can be when there are numerous flat iron brands and multitude of options. But, take my word, I have tried to come up with this list of top notch flat iron brands. Let me know if you find any brand which is missing here and which deserves to be there in this list. I will be more than happy to do the research and add it here. This guide will help you in selecting the top notch flat iron brand for you keeping in mind your hairstyle, reputation and brand name of the flat iron companies You are sure to find the perfect flat iron to make you feel beautiful from the inside out (I know I am being chizzy here).
9 Little Known Facts about flat irons!
- Hair straightening has been happening since the late 1800! That’s hundreds of years! But back then it was obviously so much more difficult to achieve. The young women of the world and the in fashion black males used to use heated, solid irons to get the straight style they desired. This was much more damaging and dangerous than it is now, but without them brave people we wouldn't be where we are today.
- It hasn't always been called hair straightening! Back in the 1980s across an extremely large portion of the world it was known as “Rebonding”. This was because people believed their hair was being reformed by the heat and 'rebonded’ to create the straight and sleek look.
- You can get your hair permanently straightened! There’s an available chemical called 'Interferon Alpha’ that can permanently make your hair straight! However this does not affect any new hair growth after the initial application. Which means you'll need to apply more chemicals to the roots each time they grow out too much!
- There’s also a semi-permanent solution to achieve that sleek and straight look that you want to achieve! A Brazilian Blow-out (BBO) is a South-American derived process in which your hair is mixed with a Keratin formula (Keratin is the same protein that’s in your hair) and then it’s flat ironed using extreme temperatures to give you the straight hair that you want, this will last a few months but comes at a very expensive price.
- In the early 2000s there was a hair straightening technique that was highly controversial; The Japanese thermal reconditioning, which is very similar to the BBO, used a different variety of chemicals to achieve the straight look that everyone was looking for.
- It’s possible that your hair just won't straighten. Some people have stubborn hair naturally; even chemical treatments have trouble straightening this hair. If you've got this particular type of hair then you might have already tried every method of straightening it with no luck, which would just be unfortunate.
- You're always damaging your hair. This here is inevitable; the heat from straightening irons damages your hair, the chemicals used in other processes also damages your hair. If you're not born with perfect straight hair then you'll be looking at damaging it while trying to achieve the smooth look.
- Using any temperature on your hair above 150c (302F) is extremely damaging! It’d be similar to putting a ball of wool to a flame. Your hair isn’t indestructible so treat is as such! Flat irons can reach temperatures significantly higher than 150c, so watch out!
So now you know, the sleek and straight style is hundreds of years old and it can be achieved in many different ways from many different brand of flat irons and you can always read my unbiased reviews right here in my blog to choose the right fit for your lovely hairs.